UVA Health System
- Use UVA or UVA Health System NOT UVa, U.Va. or UVAHS.
Use UVA Medical Center when:
- Referring broadly to physical structures, such as University Hospital, West Complex, etc.
- Using professional titles, such as “Pamela Sutton-Wallace, CEO of UVA Medical Center.”
Avoid using nicknames or expired names for locations. Below are some examples:
- UVA Children’s Hospital NOT UVA Children’s Medical Center
- University Hospital NOT Hospital East, new hospital
- West Complex NOT old hospital, Hospital West, multistory
- Outpatient clinics West NOT private clinics
- Lee Street Garage NOT East Garage
- University Cafeteria and Wahoo West Cafeteria NOT east and west cafeteria
*When in doubt about what to call a building, refer to the sign posted at the actual location.